Thursday, May 2, 2013

The Official DoA 30th Anniversary Logo



Designing a logo for a particular celebration is not actually difficult for me.  I have designed a number of artworks for various people, groups and occasions.  Many of whom I have helped are happy with the designs I've given them.  The difficulty lies on the fact that there are those who would like to integrate simply everything into the design with no room for creativity on the part of the artist because of the constraints given to him.  Sad to say, I have experienced such, sometimes even telling myself how unfair it is to artists to be limited in such ways -- that is, to be put in a box and with so little space to be given for artistic expression.  "Sabi ko na lang, 'Di kasi kayo artist, e!" 


Wow, why did I say such things?  I am just presenting here the design I made for the celebration of the 30th Anniversary of the Canonical Erection of the Diocese of Antipolo on June 25, 2013.  I remember having done the logo for the silver anniversary of the Diocese five years ago (I also posted it in this blog site).  But some were not happy with the design, so I made another one which was fit for the same celebration but seen through the eyes of the "less artistic" and simplistic ones (sorry, can't help to be less diplomatic here).


Anyway, barring any problems, this will hopefully be the official logo of the celebration this year.  With the theme "Diocese of Antipolo: Celebrating 30 Years...Journeying in Faith with Mary!"  The design incorporates the official logo of the Year of Faith since the anniversary falls in this Church celebration.  The artwork shows a people (the Diocese) in joyful procession (the journey of the local Church through 30 years) coming from the stylized Antipolo Cathedral (meaning, that from its nascent years, the local Church of Antipolo now lives their faith by bringing forth what they have experienced and are now evangelizing).  They bring into procession the Virgin of Antipolo to symbolize that their life in God is lived more with Mary's presence who challenges them to be open to God's will as she herself has done.  The design also brings forth the different local settings of the Diocese, especially in vast agricultural, aquatic and mountainous areas.

No comments:

Post a Comment